Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Jumping in


Here are Jim and Gwen at the Boardwalk during Mom and Phil's Labor Day visit.

Gwen's sitting next me eating lunch. We went for a hike today in the redwoods - in a little while, we're heading out to yoga. Such is the life of a Santa Cruz baby.

Only she really isn't a baby anymore. She is getting so big! My little petite bebe of last year is now one of the talles babies I know. Jim's convinced she's got Scot's genes, and is going to be a head or so taller than him. I don't know - I just keep looking at this kid who's reaching up for the doorknobs, thinking lordylordylordy. We're in for some trouble soon.

The weather turned cool all of a sudden yesterday, and I can tell fall is coming. My little monkey just ate an entire pear for lunch, with maybe a couple of bites of her mashed potato/porkchop combo I'm feeling pretty lucky, because a lot of my friends have kids that don't eat fruits or vegetables. I can't get Gwen away from them. Hope I don't jinx it by writing about it.

No comments: