Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving at my Uncle Rick's house. He has a beautiful property in the Gold Country, and the weather was fantastic. We sat out on the deck, looking at the pine trees,the autumn leaves, the horses in the pasture, fending off Aussie shepherds, laughing, talking politics (politely, even!) and watching Gwennie chase her Papa around. Uncle Rick said, "Well, gosh, she's just a regular kid, but she's awfully darn cute, isn't she?"
Then we ate fabulous food, and drove home. We had been planning to stay longer, but all three of us had been sick, and Jim felt like we should come home. Gwen cried about missing her Great Grandma (that'll wrench a mama's heart) but I was so grateful when we finally got home and I crawled into my own bed. It was great to show my daughter and my belly off (I was too sick to travel at all with Gwen, so this was new) but I am home for the duration now.
I didn't take a lot of pictures, but I think these two say a lot:




No comments: