Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kaboom

I have Easter photos. I have new snow photos (thanks, Kathleen!) And zoo stuff. But, my friends, things keep happening around here. I have more breaking news, although there are no bones this time.

There are trees. Trees falling in the rain and blocking in the neighbor's kid's playdate. Trees falling and making the manly men* of the top of Grace Way use little wimpy chainsaws** to clear the tree out so the poor little girl could go home.





Ok, it was only one tree, which wasn't really a tree, but more like an overgrown bush. But it had three trunks, and two of them crashed last night. In the middle of a little rainstorm that left white spots on my camera when I tried to document the manly men and the wimpy chainsaw.





And there was a child with a cast who was out in the rain watching the manly men and the wimpy chainsaw and the fallen tree until she said, "less go inside, Mama!" and then, "but what about me? You wanna take camera of me?" because she's two and talks like that.

As if I was going to post without a picture of her.




My new view. It's still pretty good, but hooboy, the front of the house is going to bake this summer. We're going to have to take down the third trunk, too - it's toast. Hello, telephone pole! Let's be friends!













Poor tree. Poor yard.











*That would be Jim and Bruce. They made it look good, baby!
**Bruce claims it's Karin's chainsaw (which a. now I want my own chainsaw, and b. oh, sure, Bruce. Thanks for the help!)

No comments: